Whether it’s Christmas, Hanukkah, Valentine’s Day, or their birthday, you might be tempted to buy your significant other a sex toy as a gift. In some cases, this can lead to a sexy good time for both of you. But in others, it can create awkward silence and a request for the receipt.
If you’re thinking of buying a sex toy as a gift, here’s what you need to know before you start shopping.
Ask Yourself A Few Questions
Not every sex toy works for everyone, and just because a brand or type of toy is popular doesn’t mean your partner will enjoy it. So before you buy anything, ask yourself a few questions.
Do you know what they enjoy? Basically, are you far enough in your relationship that you know what gets them off? This is essential in buying a sex toy that has a chance of feeling good to them. Some people want clitoral stimulation instead of g-spot. Others love good anal play but don’t want anything too big. Knowing what they like means you know enough to possibly find something they’ll like.
Have you used sex toys together? This means you have an idea of what they like, and you know they’re comfortable with sex toys. Alternately, if you haven’t used sex toys during sex but know your partner has them, this gives you vital information, too. Buying a sex toy can be a very personal thing and that might not be something your partner wants to share with you.
Do they share their sexual fantasies with you? Knowing a partner’s fantasies could help you find a special surprise for them. If they’ve indicated an interest in bondage or spankings, you might buy bondage gear for beginners or a kit to let them experiment. But the fantasies they share should be specific enough that you can shop confidently.
Have you shopped for sex toys together? Having shopped together in the past makes buying a gift now much easier. You’ve talked about specific toys and probably have a good idea of what your partner would like or want. Maybe they dropped heavy hints about something they’d love to try. If this one is a yes, start shopping.
Did they say they want a specific sex toy? Whether in passing conversation or while you were shopping together, if they told you what toy they wanted, you’re golden. This means they’ve communicated exactly what sex toy they’re interested in. Buying it could be the perfect gift, and it’ll show that you’re paying attention.
If you answer “No” to most of these questions, you may want to wait a while before you buy a sex toy. But if you can confidently answer “Yes!” then it’s time to start shopping!
Related Industry Knowledge
- Avoid bacteria hiding, easy to clean and disinfect
- Small size, easy to carry and use
- Pay attention to the possible harm of prevention
- Female sex toys have greater privacy
- Manufactured from a gel with shape memory
- The body is soft and flexible
- Equipment for training activity skills
- Actually used for sexual behavior or masturbation
- Maintenance work as required
- Masturbation is the best way to prevent sexuall...
- How To Get Kinky With A Vibrator?
- Male Masturbation
- What Are The Best Male Masturbation Toys?
- Male Masturbation FAQ
- TOPTIME sex toy knowledge for Sex Positions
- Clean and Maintenance the silicone sex doll
- Female Sex Toys
- What Is A Luxury Vibrator?
- To Use A Cock Ring While You Masturbate
- 6 Top Sex Toys For Discreet Pleasure